HABLA Houston In-Person Spanish Classes
Functionally Fluent! - First Functions
Here's a more in-depth look at what you'll learn to do at your Beginners-1 level with HABLA, as you take your first steps toward being functionally fluent in Spanish!
Here are some of the things you'll learn to do in Spanish at this level:
FOCUS ON FUNCTIONS
- Talk about yourself and ask others about: name, origins, age, job, hobbies
- Recognize and use numbers 1-100
- Give your phone number and address and ask others for theirs
- Learn the Spanish alphabet and spell words orally and on paper
- Talk about jobs, hobbies, and nationalities and understand others when they talk about these topics
- Greet others appropriately
- Talk about friends, coworkers and family members. Describe them and give information about them
- Talk about others and ask questions about others regarding: name, origins, age, job, hobbies
- Conjugate at least 4 verbs in all of the singular forms (I, You, He/She)
- Read short and medium-length texts about others and their families and lifestyles
- Describe your house, your living room, and the objects and furniture therein
- Describe your office and your workplace
- Talk about food, in particular your likes and dislikes
- Order food at a restaurant in a Spanish-speaking setting
FOCUS ON LANGUAGE AND GRAMMAR
- Present simple (singular persons - I/You/He/She)
- Basic interrogative forms
- There is/there are
- I like.../I don't like...
- I want.../I would like...
FOCUS ON SKILLS
In addition, you will be able to:
SPEAK SPANISH – Hold short, informal social conversations about a variety of topics in Spanish. Give short descriptions of people and places.
UNDERSTAND SPANISH – Grasp information presented to you in Spanish, such as phone numbers, addresses, and descriptions of people and places.
READ SPANISH – Have a passive understanding of many Spanish verb forms and linking words, and a solid understanding of many nouns and adjectives, and key words, so you can read at least 20% of difficult texts (outside of class), and 85% of easier texts (in class).
WRITE SPANISH – Have a command of the most common and basic Spanish verbs, and a solid vocabulary for writing about yourself, your life, your family, your hobbies, your job, your house, and your preferences.
Not sure this is the right level for you?