HABLA Houston In-Person Spanish Classes
Functionally Fluent! - Further Functions
Here's a more in-depth look at what you'll learn to do at your Beginners-2 level with HABLA, as you take your next steps toward being functionally fluent in Spanish!
Here are some of the things you'll learn to do in Spanish at this level:
FOCUS ON FUNCTIONS
- Talk about yourself and ask others details about: name, origins, age, job, hobbies. Talk and ask about ALL persons (I, You, He/She, We, You, They)
- Recognize and use numbers 100-100,000
- Conjugate 6 irregular verbs and ALL regular verbs (-er, -ar, -ir verbs) in all of the singular and plural persons (I, You, He/She, We, "Y'all", They)
- Learn additional useful vocabulary for everyday things
- Identify and talk about places around town
- Give and ask for directions
- Report locations, emotions, and permanent and temporary states
- Tell time, and talk about time, weather, days, months, and seasons
- Talk about present habits in your own life and the life of others
- Talk about customs in different cultures
FOCUS ON GRAMMAR
- Present simple verb tense (all forms, singular and plural)
- Increasingly complex interrogative forms
- Follow-up questions
- Definite and indefinite articles
- The verb "ir" (to go)
- The verbs "ser" and "estar" (to be)
FOCUS ON SKILLS
In addition, you will be able to:
SPEAK SPANISH – Hold short, informal social conversations about a variety of topics in Spanish. Give short descriptions of people and places. Ask follow-up questions and give answers. Ask for and give directions, and describe habits and customs.
UNDERSTAND SPANISH – Grasp information presented to you in Spanish, such as requests, descriptions of others, and the gist of most other simple topics.
READ SPANISH – Have a passive understanding of many Spanish verb forms and linking words, and an increasing understanding of vocabulary, including nouns, adjectives, and key words, so you can read at least 40% of difficult texts (outside of class), and 85% of easier texts (in class).
WRITE SPANISH – Have a command of many regular and irregular Spanish verbs, and a solid vocabulary for writing about yourself, your life, your family, your hobbies, your job, your lifestyle and that of others.
Not sure this is the right level for you?